Our top priority is the economic vitality and health of our community.
Below are resources to help you as you reopen your business, and to manage and mitigate disruptions caused by the COVID-19 crisis. These resources are frequently updated as information becomes available.
We encourage you to connect by email with our staff as we work to provide you with short- and long-term business solutions. Please call the office at 714-529-3660 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SBDC Online Business Consulting
Meet with a consultant online when you need them. Just a reminder, these virtual consulting sessions are available to you at no cost! Receive guidance on every application, resource, and question to ensure your business is safe. Sign up with by clicking here for a virtual consultation or call us at 1-800-616-SBDC (7232) to schedule.
Quick Click Resources:
7/21/2020 - The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued updated guidance yesterday for the following business categories:
- Personal care services to operate outdoors. View the guidance at: https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-outdoor-personal-care--en.pdf
- Hair salon and barbershop services to operate outdoors. View guidance at: https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-outdoor-hair-salons--en.pdf
- Schools and school-based programs, at: https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-schools.pdf
- Day camps, which you can view here: https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-daycamps.pdf
- All childcare facilities can open with necessary modifications. Review the guidance, prepare a plan, & post the checklist your facility to show employees & families that you’ve reduced the risk & are open for operation. Read information here: https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-childcare--en.pdf
- California is monitoring COVID-19 closely in each local community and keeping the public informed. We’re teaming up with counties to fight it with every tool we have: current local data, testing, contact tracing, infection control, emergency supplies, containment measures, and more.Counties should be ready to restore limitations if outbreaks increase. The State Public Health Officer may take action if needed.Counties, including Orange County, which have remained on the County Monitoring List for 3 consecutive days will be required to shut down the following industries unless they can be modified to operate outside or by pick-up. Bars must close all operations even if they are operating outdoors. The closures will apply for a minimum of three weeks and are subject to an extension based on epidemiologic indicators.
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers (for examples: bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages, and arcades)
- Zoos and museums
- Fitness centers
- Worship services
- Offices for non-essential sectors
- Personal care services, like nail salons, body waxing and tattoo parlors
- Hair salons and barbershops
More information may be found on the State of California COVID-19 website for additional details: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/
- The District 4 Small Business Grant Relief Program will support small businesses and community organizations impacted by COVID-19 in Orange County Supervisorial District Four. Grants of $10,000 will be available to eligible small businesses and non-profits within the district. Read More
- Folder of Important Information compiled by SBA OC/IE District Office
- PPP FAQs (Updated 5/19/2020)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application & Instructions
- A new Interim Final Rule related to loan forgiveness (5/22/2020)
- SBA Loan Review Procedures and Related Borrower and Lender Responsibilities (5/22/2020)
- How to Calculate PPP Loan Amounts
- PPP Round Loan Data (Approvals through 5/23)
- FAQ on business interruption insurance and other issues affecting California small businesses
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and our partners are providing immediate relief to blood cancer patients.
- Have you lost your job? OnwardCA is a one-stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Forgivable Loan and SBA Grant Applications: Applications for the SBA Forgivable Loan that was recently enacted CARES Act is now available. To access the $10,000 grant, the applicant checks a box at the bottom of the Economic Injury Disaster Loan application. https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
- Paycheck Protection Program: The US Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship has produced am FAQ for small businesses interested in more information about the Paycheck Protection Plan. https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/ac3081f6-14ae-4e6f-9197-172ede28badd/71AB6CB05A08E369E0D488A80B3874A5.faqs---paycheck-protection-program-faqs-for-small-businesses.pdf
- State Fund Takes Action to Support Policyholders During COVID-19 Crisis: State Compensation Insurance Fund (State Fund) announced today it is taking several steps to support its policyholders during the COVID-19 crisis. https://www.statefundca.com/Home/StaticIndex?id=https://content.statefundca.com/news/News2020/032020-Covid19.asp
- Fraud Alert: The Office of Inspector General for the federal Small Business Administration, is alerting the public about potential fraud schemes related to economic stimulus programs, including, but not limited to, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). With the CARES Act being the largest financial assistance bill to date, “Fraudsters have already begun targeting small business owners during these economically difficult times." Be on the lookout for grant fraud, loan fraud, and phishing.
- SBDC: With uncertain times upon us, we want to make sure your business is equipped with the right resources to stay successful despite concerns over COVID-19. To ensure you’re on the right path to success, we want to share the latest news and resources for your business. Check out updates on SBDC and please contact us at 1-800-616-7232 for any additional questions or concerns.
- The SBDC is providing daily webinars for the Small Business Community on information as it relates to funding information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- OneOC is coordinating efforts to recruit and manage Spontaneous "Nonaffiliated" Volunteers in response to a disaster. Through the activation of the Emergency Volunteer Center (EVC), we are now registering volunteers and connecting them to disaster-recovery projects and or needs. CLICK HERE, to sign up or visit the Volunteering in Disasters page to learn more.
- City of Brea COVID-19 Updates
EDD Assistance for Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The EDD provides a variety of support services to people who have lost their jobs, had their hours reduced, or had their businesses affected due to the impacts of COVID-19 in California. For faster and more convenient access to those services, we encourage the use of our online options.
For an overview of COVID-19 benefit programs and tips for navigating our website, view Assistance Programs for Workers during COVID-19 (YouTube).
For the latest Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim data available, visit the Newsroom.
If you already filed for UI, refer to our step-by-step instructions for what to expect through the course of your claim.
The federal CARES Act has added these provisions to expand unemployment benefits so we can help more Californians impacted by COVID-19:
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance – New program to provide unemployment benefits for people who don’t usually qualify for regular Unemployment Insurance.
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation – A 13-week benefit extension for people who have used all benefits available in their regular Unemployment Insurance claim.
- Pandemic Additional Compensation – An additional $600 federal stimulus payment automatically added to each week of benefits received between March 29 and July 25, 2020.
If you use all your Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefits, you may qualify for a FED-ED extension.
You can receive your benefit payments on an EDD Debit CardSM. For information on delivery, card activation, replacing a lost or stolen card, and more, visit EDD Debit Card.
- The OC Health Care Agency (your local health department) and our partners at the California Department of Public Health have shifted our approach from containment of COVID-19 to mitigation. This helps protect the most vulnerable populations by minimizing their exposure to the virus.
- The CDC recently launched Coronovirus.gov with extensive information for all U.S. residents, not just including business owners.
- OC COVID-19 Case Counts and Testing Figures
Updated 7/29 at 12:00 p.m.
Business to Business Resources
If your employees are required to get the job done from home, KC Communications, Inc. has everything you need to in order to work remotely and stay connected.
Since 1997, DigiCal has been providing web design services for clients all over the world. Whether it’s WordPress, Custom, or E-commerce/Shopping Cart, we can be your #1 source!
Ambient Studios is a systems integration & software development professional services firm that was birthed out of the desire to bring engagements that are client-focused, innovative and honest. Creating a user experience leveraging enterprise-class platforms that are modern and intuitive driving customer value and satisfaction.
Advanced Network Consultants - Consultation with our customers and understanding their business challenge(s) is always where we start. Designing new efficiencies into your business is our goal using the latest proven technology products and best practices. We are business professionals in technology. All our implementations are performed to the highest standards.
Business Data Links has been serving our customers since 2005. We are the #1 IT Provider in Wholesale Distribution, ERP Specialists, PEN Testing/Security, Consulting Advocates, and Eclipse Software Support.
Albertsons Pickup & Delivery Service
CVS Express Pickup - Now, prepay for your prescriptions online or with our app.** You'll be in and out of the pharmacy faster.
Target offers a range of fulfillment services that don’t require guests to enter the store, including:
- Drive-Up– a team member delivers your purchase to your car in our parking lot.
- Shipt– a shopper makes a same-day delivery to your doorstep.
- Target.com– orders are shipped directly to you.
Wells Fargo is committed to helping small business customers experiencing hardships, including those resulting from the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). One piece of guidance for our small business customers currently impacted by issues relating to COVID-19 is to reach out to their banker or see what resources your bank is offering at this time, such as our COVID-19 information center.
SoCalGas is closely monitoring the situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as monitoring and reinforcing guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Opens in a new window.
To support our customers and partners that are issuing work from home policies, Cisco is offering free services and training to support remote workers across the globe.
Thryv is helping small businesses transition their businesses to a virtual/home office by providing them a platform that will help them run their business remotely and communicate with their staff or customers via video, shared digital calendar, text & email campaigns, social media, website and more. We are offering up to 2 months of free subscription. You can call me at 714.510.5333 or email me at Jeff.Halili@thryv.com.
InsuranceKO is working remotely to provide the following services;
- Group benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, long term care, life)
- Individual benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, long term care, life, annuities)
- Retirement accounts
Credit Union of Southern California - If you have been financially impacted and would like to speak to a team member regarding special loan programs or other ways we might help, we encourage you to call us toll-free at 866 CU SoCal (866.287.6225), Monday through Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Pacific Western Bank Federal Corona Virus Relief Loans