Our top priority is the economic vitality and health of our community.
The Brea Chamber continues to be a resource for business as we face the threat of COVID-19.
Below are resources to help you manage and mitigate disruptions caused by this global health crisis. This page will be updated as resources become available.
While the Chamber has suspended all face-to-face interactions, our staff remains operational during this time working to provide short- and long-term business solutions and plans in response to COVID-19. We encourage you to connect by email with our staff to preserve the continuity of engagement and attainment of your goals. Please call the office at 714-529-3660 or email at email@example.com.
SBDC Online Business Consulting
Meet with a consultant online when you need them. Just a reminder, these virtual consulting sessions are available to you at no cost! Receive guidance on every application, resource, and question to ensure your business is safe. Sign up with by clicking here for a virtual consultation or call us at 1-800-616-SBDC (7232) to schedule.
Quick Click Resources:
- County of Orange Moves into Stage Two of California’s Resiliency Roadmap
- ORDERS AND STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE COUNTY OF ORANGE HEALTH OFFICER
- [ISSUED May 22, 2020]
- Folder of Important Information compiled by SBA OC/IE District Office
- PPP FAQs (Updated 5/19/2020)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application & Instructions
- A new Interim Final Rule related to loan forgiveness (5/22/2020)
- SBA Loan Review Procedures and Related Borrower and Lender Responsibilities (5/22/2020)
- How to Calculate PPP Loan Amounts
- PPP Round Loan Data (Approvals through 5/23)
- FAQ on business interruption insurance and other issues affecting California small businesses
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and our partners are providing immediate relief to blood cancer patients.
- Have you lost your job? OnwardCA is a one-stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Forgivable Loan and SBA Grant Applications: Applications for the SBA Forgivable Loan that was recently enacted CARES Act is now available. To access the $10,000 grant, the applicant checks a box at the bottom of the Economic Injury Disaster Loan application. https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
- Paycheck Protection Program: The US Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship has produced am FAQ for small businesses interested in more information about the Paycheck Protection Plan. https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/ac3081f6-14ae-4e6f-9197-172ede28badd/71AB6CB05A08E369E0D488A80B3874A5.faqs---paycheck-protection-program-faqs-for-small-businesses.pdf
- State Fund Takes Action to Support Policyholders During COVID-19 Crisis: State Compensation Insurance Fund (State Fund) announced today it is taking several steps to support its policyholders during the COVID-19 crisis. https://www.statefundca.com/Home/StaticIndex?id=https://content.statefundca.com/news/News2020/032020-Covid19.asp
- Fraud Alert: The Office of Inspector General for the federal Small Business Administration, is alerting the public about potential fraud schemes related to economic stimulus programs, including, but not limited to, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). With the CARES Act being the largest financial assistance bill to date, “Fraudsters have already begun targeting small business owners during these economically difficult times." Be on the lookout for grant fraud, loan fraud, and phishing.
- SBDC: With uncertain times upon us, we want to make sure your business is equipped with the right resources to stay successful despite concerns over COVID-19. To ensure you’re on the right path to success, we want to share the latest news and resources for your business. Check out updates on SBDC and please contact us at 1-800-616-7232 for any additional questions or concerns.
- The SBDC is providing daily webinars for the Small Business Community on information as it relates to funding information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- OneOC is coordinating efforts to recruit and manage Spontaneous "Nonaffiliated" Volunteers in response to a disaster. Through the activation of the Emergency Volunteer Center (EVC), we are now registering volunteers and connecting them to disaster-recovery projects and or needs. CLICK HERE, to sign up or visit the Volunteering in Disasters page to learn more.
- City of Brea COVID-19 Updates
- Watch Again: Going Digital: Remote Business Operations & Team Collaboration Leveraging Microsoft 365
EDD Assistance for Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
California is responding to the spread of a respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus (COVID-19). While investigations to learn more about the virus are ongoing, workers and employers should review their health and safety procedures to help prevent exposure to the virus.
The EDD provides a variety of support services to people who have lost their jobs, had their hours reduced, or had their businesses affected due to the impacts of COVID-19 in California. For faster and more convenient access to those services, we encourage the use of our online options.
For an overview of COVID-19 benefit programs and tips for navigating our website, view Assistance Programs for Workers during COVID-19 (YouTube).
If you already filed for UI, refer to our step-by-step chart for what to expect through the course of your claim for receiving benefit payments as long as you’re eligible.
We have reviewed the federal CARES Act and are pleased to report that on Sunday, for the week ending April 11, the EDD will begin issuing the new $600 additional unemployment benefit payments funded by the federal government. Visit the Latest News for Workers for the details.
- In addition, the EDD has launched a new Pandemic Unemployment Assistance page to keep you informed of eligibility requirements and the around-the-clock effort to build this new program from the CARES Act. This complex program to serve those who don’t usually qualify for regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, including businesses and the self-employed, has to be developed and could rival the size of the current UI program EDD administers for unemployed workers.
- The EDD will also keep you posted on the CARES Act provision establishing a new 13-week extension of benefits paid for by the federal government when someone exhausts their regular state UI claim between March 29, 2020 and the end of 2020. This too also requires an extensive effort to implement these new extended benefits.
You can receive your benefit payments on an EDD Debit Card. For information on delivery, card activation, replacing a lost or stolen card, and more, visit EDD Debit Card.
- The OC Health Care Agency (your local health department) and our partners at the California Department of Public Health have shifted our approach from containment of COVID-19 to mitigation. This helps protect the most vulnerable populations by minimizing their exposure to the virus.
- The CDC recently launched Coronovirus.gov with extensive information for all U.S. residents, not just including business owners.
- OC COVID-19 Case Counts and Testing Figures
Updated 05/26 at 12:00 p.m.
Business to Business Resources
If your employees are required to get the job done from home, KC Communications, Inc. has everything you need to in order to work remotely and stay connected.
Since 1997, DigiCal has been providing web design services for clients all over the world. Whether it’s WordPress, Custom, or E-commerce/Shopping Cart, we can be your #1 source!
Ambient Studios is a systems integration & software development professional services firm that was birthed out of the desire to bring engagements that are client-focused, innovative and honest. Creating a user experience leveraging enterprise-class platforms that are modern and intuitive driving customer value and satisfaction.
Advanced Network Consultants - Consultation with our customers and understanding their business challenge(s) is always where we start. Designing new efficiencies into your business is our goal using the latest proven technology products and best practices. We are business professionals in technology. All our implementations are performed to the highest standards.
Business Data Links has been serving our customers since 2005. We are the #1 IT Provider in Wholesale Distribution, ERP Specialists, PEN Testing/Security, Consulting Advocates, and Eclipse Software Support.
Albertsons Pickup & Delivery Service
CVS Express Pickup - Now, prepay for your prescriptions online or with our app.** You'll be in and out of the pharmacy faster.
Target offers a range of fulfillment services that don’t require guests to enter the store, including:
- Drive-Up– a team member delivers your purchase to your car in our parking lot.
- Shipt– a shopper makes a same-day delivery to your doorstep.
- Target.com– orders are shipped directly to you.
Wells Fargo is committed to helping small business customers experiencing hardships, including those resulting from the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). One piece of guidance for our small business customers currently impacted by issues relating to COVID-19 is to reach out to their banker or see what resources your bank is offering at this time, such as our COVID-19 information center.
SoCalGas is closely monitoring the situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as monitoring and reinforcing guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Opens in a new window.
To support our customers and partners that are issuing work from home policies, Cisco is offering free services and training to support remote workers across the globe.
Thryv is helping small businesses transition their businesses to a virtual/home office by providing them a platform that will help them run their business remotely and communicate with their staff or customers via video, shared digital calendar, text & email campaigns, social media, website and more. We are offering up to 2 months of free subscription. You can call me at 714.510.5333 or email me at Jeff.Halili@thryv.com.
InsuranceKO is working remotely to provide the following services;
- Group benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, long term care, life)
- Individual benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, long term care, life, annuities)
- Retirement accounts
Credit Union of Southern California - If you have been financially impacted and would like to speak to a team member regarding special loan programs or other ways we might help, we encourage you to call us toll-free at 866 CU SoCal (866.287.6225), Monday through Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Pacific Western Bank Federal Corona Virus Relief Loans