Our top priority is the economic vitality and health of our community.
The Brea Chamber continues to be a resource for business as we face the threat of COVID-19.
Below are resources to help you manage and mitigate disruptions caused by this global health crisis. This page will be updated as resources become available.
While the Chamber has suspended all face-to-face interactions, our staff remains operational during this time working to provide short- and long-term business solutions and plans in response to COVID-19. We encourage you to connect by email with our staff to preserve the continuity of engagement and attainment of your goals. Please call the office at 714-529-3660 or email at email@example.com.
SBDC Online Business Consulting
Meet with a consultant online when you need them. Just a reminder, these virtual consulting sessions are available to you at no cost! Receive guidance on every application, resource, and question to ensure your business is safe. Sign up with by clicking here for a virtual consultation or call us at 1-800-616-SBDC (7232) to schedule.
Quick Click Resources:
- OC COVID-19 Case Counts and Testing Figures
- With uncertain times upon us, we want to make sure your business is equipped with the right resources to stay successful despite concerns over COVID-19. To ensure you’re on the right path to success, we want to share the latest news and resources for your business. Check out updates on SBDC and please contact us at 1-800-616-7232 for any additional questions or concerns.
- The OC Health Care Agency (your local health department) and our partners at the California Department of Public Health have shifted our approach from containment of COVID-19 to mitigation. This helps protect the most vulnerable populations by minimizing their exposure to the virus.
- Facebook created $100M Grant Program to support small business
- SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The current state of affairs in the global and U.S economy is unlike anything experienced in modern times, and like many forecasting organizations, Beacon Economics is working to fully grasp the scope of what is happening and exactly how it might shift the economic outlook.
- The CDC recently launched Coronovirus.gov with extensive information for all U.S. residents, not just including business owners.
- The Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development has compiled helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians as it relates to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has a coronavirus fact sheet for businesses as well as coronavirus FAQs and resources.
- Trump, Congress agree on $2 trillion virus rescue bill
The U.S. Chamber has also created a customizable flyer that small businesses can use to communicate their coronavirus efforts to their customers. You can find the flyer here.
EDD Assistance for Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
California is responding to the spread of a respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus (COVID-19). While investigations to learn more about the virus are ongoing, workers and employers should review their health and safety procedures to help prevent exposure to the virus.
The EDD provides a variety of support services to people who have lost their jobs or have had their hours reduced due to the impacts of COVID-19 in California. For faster and more convenient access to those services, we encourage the use of our online options.
For the latest Unemployment Insurance claim data available, visit the Newsroom.
- For faster processing, read How to Set Up a UI Online Account (DE 2338H) (PDF) to help you apply for benefits.
- For help completing the application, call your local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM to schedule a phone appointment with an EDD representative.
- It takes at least three weeks to process a claim for unemployment benefits and issue payment to most eligible workers. We appreciate your patience.
- If you had to close your business to prevent or manage the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Newsom’s executive order temporarily suspends the 60-day notice requirement for employers who give written notice to employees and meet other requirements.
- If your business is directly affected by COVID-19, you can request up to a 60-day extension to file your state payroll reports and deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. Include the impact of COVID-19 in your written request for the extension. Your request must be received within 60 days from the original past-due date of the payment or return.
We know this is a difficult time for many restaurants and foodservice organizations as we all stand against the impact the coronavirus is having on the world’s health and economy. Also, our hearts and thoughts are with those who have been affected directly by the virus or had family members affected.
In our goal to support and be a resource for the industry year-round, we continue to utilize our relationships with industry experts to share education and webinar content and are looking at virtual meeting options, as a way for restaurant and foodservice operators to stay connected and informed – with each other, and with vendors.
We have created this industry resource, and we will use this page as a repository for tools and information to help operators stay educated and as up-to-date as possible. Learn More
Updated 03/27 at 1:56 p.m.
How to Support Brea Businesses
As a community, we must all come together to help our business community weather tough times. You can do this in many ways:
1.) Carry-out, curbside pick up, and delivery is an option for many restaurants and bars.
2.) Buy gift cards from your favorite restaurant or boutique.
3.) Shop local, online and in-store.
4.) Buy local produce.
5.) Consider a donation.
6.) Apply Social Distancing
7.) Stay Home if You're Sick
Have other ideas on how to help?
Send us an email and let us know.
Business to Business Resources
If your employees are required to get the job done from home, KC Communications, Inc. has everything you need to in order to work remotely and stay connected.
Since 1997, DigiCal has been providing web design services for clients all over the world. Whether it’s WordPress, Custom, or E-commerce/Shopping Cart, we can be your #1 source!
Ambient Studios is a systems integration & software development professional services firm that was birthed out of the desire to bring engagements that are client-focused, innovative and honest. Creating a user experience leveraging enterprise-class platforms that are modern and intuitive driving customer value and satisfaction.
Advanced Network Consultants - Consultation with our customers and understanding their business challenge(s) is always where we start. Designing new efficiencies into your business is our goal using the latest proven technology products and best practices. We are business professionals in technology. All our implementations are performed to the highest standards.
Business Data Links has been serving our customers since 2005. We are the #1 IT Provider in Wholesale Distribution, ERP Specialists, PEN Testing/Security, Consulting Advocates, and Eclipse Software Support.
Albertsons Pickup & Delivery Service
CVS Express Pickup - Now, prepay for your prescriptions online or with our app.** You'll be in and out of the pharmacy faster.
Target offers a range of fulfillment services that don’t require guests to enter the store, including:
- Drive-Up– a team member delivers your purchase to your car in our parking lot.
- Shipt– a shopper makes a same-day delivery to your doorstep.
- Target.com– orders are shipped directly to you.
Wells Fargo is committed to helping small business customers experiencing hardships, including those resulting from the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). One piece of guidance for our small business customers currently impacted by issues relating to COVID-19 is to reach out to their banker or see what resources your bank is offering at this time, such as our COVID-19 information center.
SoCalGas is closely monitoring the situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as monitoring and reinforcing guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Opens in a new window.
To support our customers and partners that are issuing work from home policies, Cisco is offering free services and training to support remote workers across the globe.
Thryv is helping small businesses transition their businesses to a virtual/home office by providing them a platform that will help them run their business remotely and communicate with their staff or customers via video, shared digital calendar, text & email campaigns, social media, website and more. We are offering up to 2 months of free subscription. You can call me at 714.510.5333 or email me at Jeff.Halili@thryv.com.
InsuranceKO is working remotely to provide the following services;
- Group benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, long term care, life)
- Individual benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, long term care, life, annuities)
- Retirement accounts