Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: Brea, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid Level
At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 115+ year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join the Corporate Accounting team in our Brea Office. This position is responsible for maintaining vendor relationships, processing Corporate invoices, reviewing invoices from divisions for check runs, covering the reception desk, and filing.
• Maintain vendor relationships by answering vendor and/or division’s payment inquiries, research and resolve any invoice issues.
• Handle assigned vendors – Split is being reviewed annually.
• Verify accuracy of data entry on all invoices that are sent to Corporate from divisions, and send back for correction if needed.
• Process Corporate invoices for a manual check run (Utilities, deposits, plans, reimbursements, fast pay vendors, etc.).
• Prepare for the check runs and print checks for 4 locations separately.
• Maintain the check held excel file. Get CFO’s approval to release the check to specific vendor if necessary.
• Cover the reception desk on an assigned day of the week for breaks and lunch. Also provide backup if additional coverage is needed.
• Prepare, maintain and distribute Invoice on Hold report.
• File invoices. • Lease payments.
• Handle Subcontracts Payable
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
• Must be highly detail oriented.
• Must efficiently use computer programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook applications.
• Must be comfortable utilizing Viewpoint programs and reports related to Accounts Payable.
• Ability to analyze data.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively with external suppliers, internal employees, and all levels of management.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between processing, researching, completing assigned projects and other duties as assigned.
• Effective communication
• Team player
• Critical and analytical thinking
• Time management/multitasking
• Detail oriented
• Service oriented
• Stress management
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one year of high volume accounts payable experience required (1500 – 2000 invoices/month).
• Background in construction industry or cost accounting is preferred.
• Experience with an integrated construction accounting and project management software preferred. Physical Requirements
• Most time spent in an indoor office environment.
• Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods of time.
• Occasional lifting of files and boxes up to 20 lbs.
• Pushing/pulling of file cabinets.
• Extended visual use of a computer screen.
• Frequent typing.
• Occasional travel.
Company Benefits Package
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Griffith Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company's success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)
Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case basis.
Visit us at: www.griffithcompany.net
Griffith Company is an equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.