The Proposal Strategist is responsible for developing the proposal plan; the Request For Proposal (RFP) release and the process including end game, and checkmate for assigned business development proposals to win work for the company. This position will conduct proposal development efforts in collaboration with business development and project management leadership to develop distinctive value propositions that enhance our clients' competitive positions.
- Develop proposal plan, draft storyboards, develop proposal and win strategy, proposal team assignments, and initial proposal management plan.
- Perform pink team review and adjust marketing materials in response to review and requests.
- Conduct review of the go/no-go decision, official proposal kickoff meeting, and the development of graphics and visuals.
- Perform post-submittal activities including, interview in the checkmate phase.
- Develop a negotiated contract outline and deliver proposal services per the checkmate phase.
- Support the development of metrics; including change orders, safety, budget, schedule, diversity goals, and community involvement activities.
- Assist with the closing of the project deliverables.
- Assist with the submittal for industry awards (ACEC; ENR) local trade or national trade publications.
- Attends professional associations, conferences, and build professional network and trade shows. Set up and prepare the booth.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years in marketing, business development, or sales with a professional services firm. Experience at an A/E firm preferred.
- APMP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign strongly preferred.